- Be ready to practice sportsmanship, teamwork, leadership, and athleticism.
- Please leave gum at home (it can ruin our equipment).
Play within the boundaries (if counselors can’t see you, you are not where you are supposed to be):
- Big ditch to the south.
- Fence to the east.
- Camp side of the driveway.
- BB-gun range, archery range, trampolines, and pool are open only with counselor supervision.
- Bring shoes, bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, hat, healthy snack, and lunch every day.
- Leave toys, cameras, cell phones and electronics at home – there’s too much fun stuff to do at camp!
- Eat snack/lunch only when you are called for snack/lunch.
- Pick up your own trash.
- Our words should always reflect our support for other campers (foul language does not fit at camp).
- Treat other campers with respect.
- Only enter the lodge to go to the bathroom, engage in a counselor-supervised activity, or get equipment.
- Please stay out of the supply room unless you have counselor approval.
- Use only with counselor supervision.
- Bounce on the trampoline in your socks, bare feet or aqua socks (shoes hurt the tramp beds).
- Keep all objects (other than balls) off the trampolines (this includes food).
- Only one person at a time may jump on the trampoline.
- The person in line must wait until the jumper is completely off the trampoline and perimeter pad before getting on the trampoline.
- Stay off the green perimeter pads that cover the springs.
- Low tricks will be mastered before any advanced stunts are attempted.
- Advanced stunts must be approved and spotted by a counselor before attempted.
- One song (or bank of commercials from the radio) equals one turn.
- Campers may be in this area only with a counselor.
- The counselor will carry the arrows to and from the range.
- Campers will shoot from behind the designated line (made with cones).
- Campers will wait for the counselor to signal the start of shooting (counselor will clear the shooting range before signaling the start of shooting).
- Campers will wait until the last person is finished shooting and the counselor says it is time to retrieve arrows before advancing to collect arrows.
- The counselor will make sure everyone is behind the shooting line before signaling the start of the next round of shooting.
- Campers will always load bows facing down range.
- All campers watching will stay behind the shooters.
- Campers may be at the BB-gun range only with a counselor.
- The counselor will carry the guns to and from the range (with safeties on).
- All campers must wear safety glasses while in the range.
- Guns will be pointed down range at all times.
- The counselors will load the guns.
- Shooters will stay in their place on the platform.
- Campers will wait for the counselor to signal permission to set up targets.
- Keep the muzzle of your gun facing up when cocking it.
- Campers will wait for the counselor to signal both the picking up of guns and the start of shooting.
- Campers may only shoot at the designated targets.
- Campers must stop shooting when told to do so (although if the gun is cocked, they may fire that round).
- All non-shooters must remain on the bench behind the shooters’ platform with safety glasses on.
- Campers may be in the pool area only with a counselor (be sure sunscreen is applied before arriving at the pool).
- Stay in the area on the west side (pool side) of the gazebo.
- Non-swimmers ("shallow-end" swimmers) stay in the shallow end.
- Leave food, drink, and water balloons down at camp.
- Campers will change into swimsuits in the lodge.
- Campers will wait in the bell tower for counselors to release them into the pool area.
- Campers will wait at the side of the pool for counselors to release them into the pool.
- Walk on the deck.
- Only one person at a time on the diving board or slide (please ask campers who are waiting in line to keep both feet on the deck!).
- No rough play while waiting in line for the diving board or slide.
- Be sure landing area is clear and then jump straight off the diving board.
- One bounce only on the diving board.
- Flips are only permitted off the board with counselor approval and spotting (the first time).
- After jumping or sliding, immediately clear the area around the diving board and slide.
- Only people may be on the slide (no foam noodles, kickboards, etc. down the slide).
- Stay clear of the area under the diving board and slide.
- Only go down the slide on your bottom (feet first).
- The rocks on the cave are off limits except for the slide stairs.
- Kick boards and foam noodles may be used as floating devices only.
(Refrain from throwing them, slapping them, fighting with them, or spitting from them.)
- Do not throw people or play Chicken (no people on shoulders).
- No dunking.
- Do not try to save someone who is having trouble in the deep end – notify a counselor immediately.
- When the bell is rung, all campers must clear toys from pool and place them in the pool-house supply containers.
- Campers must then assemble at the bell tower and wait to be released by the counselors.
- NEVER play with rescue equipment.
return to top
Week 1: June 10-14
Rocket Week and
Week 2: June 17-21
Rodeo Week and
Week 3: June 24-28
Jet Boat Week and Intrinsic
Versus Extrinsic Rewards
Week 4: July 1-3
America Week and Kindness
Week 5: July 8-12
Carnival Week and Teamwork
Week 6: July 15-19
Pirate Week and Leadership
Week 7: July 22-26
Olympic Week and Sportsmanship Conclusion